Fifth Third Identity Alert
Identity theft – you never really think it could happen to you. Some identity theft victims can spend thousands of dollars and as many days repairing their good name and credit record. Fifth Third Identity Alert helps protect your identity and give you peace of mind.
Fifth Third Identity Alert Features
Triple-Bureau Credit Reports1
Credit/Debit Card Monitoring3
Lost and Stolen Card Assistance4
Identity Theft Insurance & Fraud Assistance5
Sign up for Fifth Third Identity Alert
Try Fifth Third Identity Alert for just $1 for the first 30 days! Fifth Third Identity Alert offers all five levels of protection listed above to guard your identity for only $9.95 a month. Discounts are available by visiting any Fifth Third Banking Center.
- Neither Affinion Benefits Group, LLC, its credit information subcontractors, nor Financial Service Association shall have any liability for the accuracy of the information contained in the credit reports or monitoring reports which you receive, including any liability for damages, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental. Fifth Third Identity Alert is not a credit counseling service and does not promise to help you obtain a loan or improve your credit record, history or rating.
- Daily monitoring will notify members of any new inquiries, certain derogatory information, accounts opened, public records or change of address that have been added to their credit files as reported by one of the three major credit reporting agencies. If no information has been added or changed, then the member will receive a quarterly notification stating that no information has changed within their credit file.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert monitors up to ten registered credit/debit cards and your Social Security number on the Internet, based on extensive research of Internet chat rooms; however, it is impossible to ensure that all Internet chat rooms have been searched for your personal information. Accordingly, your monitoring alert reports may not contain or apprise you of all your personal information that is publicly available or that may have been compromised.
- Some financial institutions may require you to call them directly and will not accept notification from third parties in which case we will contact you so that you can call your financial institution directly.
- The Identity Theft Insurance benefits are provided to all members, along with all other benefits afforded as part of the program, through Financial Services Association (FSA or the "Association"). Upon enrollment in the program, you will automatically be admitted as a member of the Association.
The Identity Theft Insurance is underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. (collectively, the "Company") under group policy # 7077733 for non-New York State Insureds and # 1423212 for New York State Insureds. The Benefit Summary under the master policy issued by the Company with respect to such insurance will be available to you upon enrollment in the program. The summary of policy benefits, terms, conditions, exclusions, and limits of coverage set forth in the Benefit Summary are subject to the terms of the master policy. Availability of coverage is subject to underwriting qualifications and state laws and regulations. Coverage is subject to actual policy language.