Important Changes to the Fifth Third Overdraft Policies Beginning June 27, 2012
- There will no longer be a daily overdraft fee.
- Per item overdraft fees will be based on the number of overdraft occurrences in the past 12 months. For the first occurrence, you will be charged $25 per item. For each additional occurrence the cost will be $37 per item.
- We believe everyone should have protection from an occasional shortfall. That's why there is no per item overdraft fee when your account is overdrawn by $5.00 or less at the end of our business day.
- If you are enrolled in Overdraft Protection (where funds are automatically transferred from another one of your Fifth Third accounts to cover balance shortages), the charge will be $12 each time funds are transferred.
Rewards Checking Package
Get rewarded for doing your everyday banking. Accumulate points for direct deposits1.
Best For You If...
You use direct deposit and you like to participate in Real Life Rewards.
Because You Get:
Fees associated with a Rewards Checking Package
We'll waive the monthly service fee2 when you:
Make direct deposit(s)
Perform any combination of five or more of the following checking activities:
Otherwise, a $15.00 monthly service fee will apply.
Apply for a Fifth Third Rewards Checking Package
The simple online application process should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Read the Application Checklist for an overview of the application and what you will need to apply.
It's Easy to Switch to a Fifth Third Rewards Checking Account
Open a Fifth Third Rewards Checking Account, and then simply download, print and complete these forms:
FeesSpecial fees that apply to all checking accounts:
* Effective June 27, 2012, fees for all agent-assisted balance transfers and early account closure will be eliminated. For savings accounts, fees for excess withdrawals will also be discontinued.
- Points will be earned for total direct deposits in any given month with a monthly cap of 2,000 points. Balance transfers from other accounts are not eligible for direct deposit rewards points.
- Qualifying transactions to waive $15.00 monthly service fee: Fifth Third Rewards Checking and Fifth Third Regular Checking each charge a $15.00 monthly fee; however, each fee is waived if you have an active Fifth Third checking account: One (1) direct deposit of $100.00 or more received in the previous 35 calendar days; Or your Fifth Third checking account must have (i) one (1) automatic checking transfer of $100.00 or more into a Fifth Third personal savings account during the previous 35 calendar days; AND (ii) total net transfers from your checking to savings during the previous 35 days equal $100 or more; Or any combination of five (5) or more of the following checking activities in the previous 35 calendar days: Debit card purchases (signature or PIN); cleared check(s); Online bill payments done through www.53.com and/or Fifth Third Telephone Banking.
- Membership in Fifth Third Identity Alert is $5.95/month for the primary owner and $4/month for a secondary account owner. The services and benefits included within Fifth Third Identity Alert are provided by Affinion Benefits Group, LLC, which is a separate entity not an affiliate of Fifth Third Bank. Fifth Third Bank, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not liable for any damages resulting from the provision of, or failure to provide, the services and benefits. Affinion Benefits Group, LLC may modify any products or services at any time.
- Other ATM network owners may assess a usage fee. Fees for non-Fifth Third ATM transactions in excess of 2 per statement are $2.00 per transaction.
- Regular fees apply for Checks for Two and Gift Checks.
- When payment is automatically deducted from a Fifth Third account using Auto BillPayer.
- When mortgage payment, including taxes and insurance, is deducted from your Fifth Third checking account using Auto BillPayer.
- Points are earned for signature purchases only. Purchases are defined as the dollar value of goods and services on the purchase date signed with the card, minus any credits, returns or other adjustments reflected on the monthly card statements. Not valid for PIN transactions.
$50 minimum deposit required to open all accounts.
* Subject to terms and conditions
† First annual fee is assessed at card opening and then on each open anniversary date, thereafter.