The benefits in Fifth Third Identity Alert are provided by Fifth Third's vendor, Affinion Benefits Group.
- Daily monitoring will notify you of any new inquiries, certain derogatory information, accounts, public records or change of address that have been added to your credit reports as reported by one of the major credit reporting agencies. If no information has been added or changed, then you will receive a quarterly notification stating that no information has changed within your credit file.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert, Financial Services Association, or their service providers as applicable, and their credit information subcontractors shall not have any liability for the accuracy of the information contained in your credit reports, credit scores, or monitoring reports which you receive in connection with the Fifth Third Identity Alert service, including liability for damages, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental.
- Your CreditXpert® Scores™ are provided by CreditXpert Inc. Although these scores are not used by lenders to evaluate your credit, they are intended to reflect common credit scoring practices and are designed to help you understand your credit. Your scores are based on information from the files at the three major credit reporting agencies. Your scores may not be identical or similar to scores you receive directly from those agencies or from other sources.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert monitors up to ten registered credit/debit cards and your Social Security number on the Internet, based on extensive research of Internet chat rooms; however, it is impossible to ensure that all Internet chat rooms have been searched for your personal information. Accordingly, your monitoring alert reports may not contain or apprise you of all your personal information that is publicly available or that may have been compromised.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: YOUR LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE UNDER FEDERAL LAW: For credit cards: If the card issuer has notified you of your maximum potential liability, has provided a means for you to notify the card issuer of credit card loss, and if the credit card contains a means of identifying the cardholder or authorized user, then your liability for unauthorized use of your card before the card issuer is notified is no more than $50.00 on each card. For debit and cash-machine (ATM) cards: Your liability for unauthorized use of your card is no more than $50.00 if you notify the card issuer of card loss within two business days after you learn of the loss of the card. After that, your liability is up to $500.00, provided that the card issuer establishes that the unauthorized charges would not have occurred if you had notified the card issuer within the two business day period. In addition, if you do not notify the card issuer within 60 days after a periodic statement showing unauthorized transfers is sent to you, then you will also be liable for the amount of unauthorized transfers that occurred after the 60-day period and before notice to the card issuer, provided that the card issuer establishes that the unauthorized charges would not have occurred if you had notified the card issuer within the 60-day period. Your card issuer's liability policy may provide for lesser liability amounts than indicated above. Consult your card issuer's terms and conditions for specific details. The policy of many card issuers is not to hold cardholders liable. Nothing set forth in your membership materials alters any rights you may have under federal or state law with respect to unauthorized or erroneous transactions on your card accounts. You are not required to have this service to maintain your credit, debit, or ATM cards.
The Identity Theft Insurance benefits are provided to all members, along with all other benefits afforded as part of the program, through Financial Services Association (FSA or the "Association"). Upon enrollment in the program, you will automatically be admitted as a member of the Association.
The Identity Theft Insurance is underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. (collectively, the "Company") under group policy # 7077733 for non-New York State Insureds and # 1423212 for New York State Insureds. The Benefit Summary under the master policy issued by the Company with respect to such insurance will be available to you upon enrollment in the program. The summary of policy benefits, terms, conditions, exclusions, and limits of coverage set forth in the Benefit Summary are subject to the terms of the master policy.
Availability of coverage is subject to underwriting qualifications and state laws and regulations. Coverage is subject to actual policy language.
- Daily monitoring will notify you of any new inquiries, certain derogatory information, accounts, public records, or change of address that have been added to your credit reports as reported by any of the three major credit reporting agencies. If no information has been added or changed, then you will receive a quarterly notification stating that no information has changed within your credit file.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert monitors the Social Security number for up to ten of your children in credit headers and pre-credit data sources; however, it is impossible to ensure that all pre-credit data sources have been searched. Accordingly, your child monitoring alert notifications may not contain or apprise you of all instances in which your child's Social Security number may have been compromised.
- Exclusion Language: The companies participating in Fifth Third Identity Alert information network consist of many of the nation's leading credit issuers, including credit card issuers, retailers, auto, communications, e-commerce and mortgage companies. However, Fifth Third Identity Alert information network does not include all credit issuers to which credit applications may be submitted. As a result, it is possible that fraudulent credit applications could be submitted using your personal information that is not detected by Fifth Third Identity Alert.
- Mobile Internet data charges may apply as well as text messaging charges. Contact your mobile service provider for details.
- Should your checking account that offers Fifth Third Identity Recovery Assistance for free be closed or changed to another account type where this is not included, your access to this benefit will be terminated.
- Checking account required. $50 minimum deposit required to open an account. Additionally, Established and Enhanced checking accounts require a minimum balance requirement. Reference individual product pages for details on the checking account.