Fifth Third Membership Advantage
Membership Advantage is an employee benefits program that lets your employer offer you exclusive banking benefits and financial empowerment resources just for working at your company. It'll save you time, money, and make your life easier all around.
As part of Membership Advantage, Fifth Third Essential Checking is available to you with the monthly service charge waived when you have a minimum of $500 in monthly direct deposit.
You also get $5 OFF the monthly service charge of any other checking account, if you don't happen to meet the requirements to have the charge completely waived.7
Enrolling is easy and only takes a few minutes:
Simply contact your Membership Advantage Representative or stop by your nearest Fifth Third banking center today.
Has your company enrolled in the Fifth Third Bank Membership Advantage Program yet? Talk to your Human Resources department today to ask how you can receive these exclusive banking benefits.
†Member FDIC. Offer available to new consumer checking customers only, excluding Private Bank, opening an account by March 31, 2014. $50 minimum deposit required to open all accounts. New account, three online bill payments and direct deposit required within 90 days of account opening to obtain bonus. Bonus will be deposited into your new account within 6 weeks of completing requirements. Monthly fees and certain restrictions may apply. Fifth Third Enhanced Checking is an interest bearing checking account and all balances earn 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) in all markets. Fifth Third Preferred Checking is an interest bearing account and all balances earn 0.24% APY in IL, IN, KY, MI, OH, WV, 0.38% APY in FL and TN, 0.40% APY in MO, 0.46% APY in NC, 0.50% APY in GA, and 0.60% APY in PA. APY accurate as of 1/2/14. Rates may change after account opening. Fees may reduce earnings. One offer per account per household. Not valid with any other offer. The Curious Bank is a registered trademark of Fifth Third Bancorp. Stand Up To Cancer is a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Mobile Internet data charges may apply as well as text messaging charges. Contact your mobile service provider for details.
- All owners on the savings account must also be listed as owners on a Fifth Third checking account with a Membership Advantage code in order to have the service charge waived.
- The benefits in Fifth Third Identity Alert are provided by Fifth Third's vendor, Affinion Benefits Group. To find out more information on Identity Alert, please visit your local Fifth Third Banking Center or visit IdentityAlert.53.com.
- Lending subject to credit review and approval, .25% rate discount on new installment loans and lines of credit (including home equity loans) available when payments are automatically deducted from your Fifth Third checking account using Auto BillPayer. Not valid on Easy Home Refi. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Receive one half (1/2) discount point if you participate in the Fifth Third Auto Billpayer which can be used to buy down your interest rate. This adds up to a savings of $800 based on a $160,000 loan. This discount will be shown at the time of your loan application and will be applied at closing based on final mortgage amount. Loans are subject to credit review and approval. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, including AutoBillpayer discount, and require automatic from your Fifth Third checking or savings account. Fifth Third Mortgage Company, 5001 Kingsley Drive Cincinnati, OH 45227 and Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee. Mortgage products are offered by Fifth Third Mortgage Company and Fifth Third Mortgage-MI, LLC.
- Applies to all checking accounts except for Fifth Third eAccess account which does not permit check writing.
- A $5 discount will be applied to the monthly service charge for Fifth Third Established, Enhanced, and Preferred checking account types.
$50 minimum deposit required to open all accounts.
Deposit and credit products provided by Fifth Third Bank, Member FDIC.
Fifth Third Pricing and Services at a Glance
Simple. Straightforward. Transparent.
|| Print Fifth Third Pricing and Services at a Glance
|Account Opening and Usage|
|Minimum Deposit Needed
to Open Account
|Checking: Monthly Service Charge||eAccess: No monthly service charge.
Essential Checking: $11 or $8 with monthly direct deposit of $500 or more.
Established Checking: $15
Enhanced Checking: $20
Preferred Checking: $25
|Checking: Requirements to Waive Monthly Service Charge||eAccess: No monthly service charge.
Essential Checking: Combined monthly average of $1,500 across checking and savings, or a student or U.S. Military member with monthly direct deposit totaling $500 or more.1
Established Checking: Combined monthly average balance of $5,000 across your deposit and investment* accounts, or spend at least $500 per month on a Fifth Third credit card, or have an existing Fifth Third personal mortgage, auto loan, or line of credit with an outstanding balance.2
Enhanced Checking: Combined monthly total of at least $20,000 across your deposit and investment* accounts.3
Preferred Checking: Combined monthly total of $100,000 across your deposit and investment* accounts.4
|Interest Rate||Accounts Earning Interest: Enhanced Checking, Preferred Checking, and all Savings accounts. Please see rate sheet.|
|ATM Fees – Fifth Third||$0 - No charge to use Fifth Third ATMs|
|Non Fifth Third ATM Transactions||$2 for U.S. transactions and $5 for International transactions.
(Fees are waived for Military and Preferred accounts.)
(to cover currency conversion)
|3% of transaction amount.|
|Dormant Account Monthly Fee||$5 per month dormant (Fee will be assessed for no deposits or withdrawals for the period of 12 months for checking accounts and 36 months for savings accounts. Fee not assessed if balance is greater than $2,500.)|
|Account Closure Fee||$0 No charge|
|Overdraft Fees and Returned Payments|
|Overdraft Coverage Options
Overdraft Coverage for ATM transactions and Debit Card purchases is optional and requires opting-in.
Overdraft Coverage for Checks and Automatic Debits comes standard with most checking accounts (overdraft fees apply).
With Overdraft Coverage, debits and payments may be made even if you do not have enough money in your account.
|When you opt-in to Overdraft Coverage (ATM/Debit Card), overdraft fees may apply to these transactions. If you do nothing (do not opt-in), your card transactions are denied and no overdraft fees are applied to those transactions.|
If you are enrolled in Overdraft Protection,
funds are moved automatically from one of your other Fifth Third Bank accounts to help you avoid being overdrawn.
|Overdraft Protection transfer fee: $12 per transfer.|
|Checking and Savings Account Overdraft
Per item overdraft fees are based on the number of overdraft occurrences in the past 12 months.
|For the first occurrence, you will be charged $25 per item. For any other occurrence, the cost is $37 per item. You will not be charged for more than 10 items per day.|
|Overdrafts of $5 or less
No per item overdraft fees are charged when your account is overdrawn $5 or less at the end of our business day.
|Extended Overdraft Fee||$0 No charge|
|Other service fees|
|ATM Mini Statement||$1.50 per request|
|Copy Of Statement Per Request
(retrieve existing or create custom statement)
|$5 per copy|
|Copy Of Check Images Mailed
With Monthly Statement
|$2 per month (Fee waived for Preferred and Private Bank accounts)|
|Copy Of Check Per Request||$5 per copy|
|Research||$5 per copy; $25 per hour|
|Return Deposited Item||$15 per item|
|Stop Payment Fee||$33 per item. Generally stops payment for up to 6 months.|
|Counter Check||$1 per check|
|Money Orders||$1.25 each|
|Official Checks/Cashier Checks||$7 each (Fee waived for Preferred and Private Bank accounts)|
|Wire Transfer (Domestic)||$15 incoming; $25 outgoing|
|Wire Transfer (International)||$15 incoming; 45 outgoing|
|Debit Card Services|
|Gold Debit MasterCard®||$0 No charge|
|World Debit™ MasterCard Monthly Fee||3.95 (Fee waived for Preferred accounts)|
|Annual Specialty Debit Card Design Fee
(i.e. patriotic, vacation)
|$5 First annual fee is assessed at card opening and then on each open anniversary date thereafter. (Fee waived for: Enhanced, Established, Preferred and Private Bank accounts)|
|Annual Affinity Debit Card Design Fee||$10 (i.e. sports affiliates, zoo cards, etc. Zoo card fee waived for: Enhanced, Established, Preferred and Private Bank accounts. No charge for Fifth Third Cincinnati Bengals and Nashville Predators Debit or Credit Card.)|
|Card Replacement Fee||$10 each|
|If You Need Us To Fax A Document For You||$3 per page|
|Processing Fee For Garnishment, Attachment Or Levy||$80|
|Overdraft Calculation Order
If there is not enough money in your
account at the end of the day to cover
all of your posted debits, then we
consider transactions in this order.
Daily Balance From Prior Business Day
(+) Add Credits
(-) Deduct Posted Timestamped Debits (Oldest to most recent)
(-) Deduct Posted Batch Debits (Largest amount to smallest amount) (i.e. checks, Internet bill payment)
(-) Deduct Fees and Service Charges (Largest amount to smallest amount) (i.e. monthly service charge)
Please see Rules and Regulations brochure for details.
|Funds Availability Policy
When funds deposited to your account are available
Cash, Electronic Direct Deposits & Wire Transfers - Same Business Day we receive the deposit.
Check Deposit with Teller or Check/Cash Deposit at ATM prior to cut-off time – The first $100 from the deposit will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Remaining funds will be available on the first Business Day after the day of your deposit.
A Business Day is a non-holiday weekday. Funds received after certain cut-off times may be credited the next business day.
Cut-Off Time - Generally our earliest cut-off time is 7 PM ET, although some ATM cut-offs may be as early as 2 PM ET.
Please see Rules and Regulations brochure for details.
Electronic transactions and to report lost/stolen cards or password, unauthorized transfers
Errors or Questions:
PIN, ACH, Signature Transactions
Write: Customer Service Department
Please use appropriate Mail Drop
• PIN & ACH Transactions - MD 1MOCBK
• Signature Transactions - MD 1MOC2G
Write: Card Services Department
Have Questions? Call: 1-800-972-3030, click www.53.com
or visit your nearest Fifth Third Bank location.
- Fifth Third Essential Checking: To waive monthly service charges, only accounts with the same owners listed are included. To ensure your privacy all owners on a Fifth Third Essential checking account must also be listed as owners on other checking and savings accounts to qualify toward the $1,500 combined monthly average balance requirement. Fifth Third will look back 35 days from your statement cycle date to calculate your total monthly direct deposits.
- Fifth Third Established Checking: To waive monthly service charges, only accounts with the same owners listed are considered. To ensure your privacy all owners on a Fifth Third Established Checking account must also be listed as owners on other accounts to count toward the $5,000 combined monthly average balance. Combined deposits and investments include any checking, savings, CDs, brokerage*, annuity*, and personal trust accounts. All credit loans/lines are subject to credit review and approval. All owners on a Fifth Third Checking Account must also be listed as owners of the loan. Bond or lot loans and overdraft lines of credit are excluded. $500 monthly credit card spend is calculated by looking at all your Fifth Third Credit Card accounts and adding the total amount spent on any personal credit card statement(s) issued within the last 35 days. All owners of the Fifth Third Established checking account must also be owners or co-applicants or authorized users of the credit card.
- Fifth Third Enhanced Checking: To waive monthly service charges, only accounts with the same owners listed are considered. To ensure your privacy, all owners on the Fifth Third Enhanced checking account must also be listed as owners on other accounts to count toward the $20,000 combined balance. Combined deposits and investments include any checking, savings, CDs, brokerage*, annuity*, and personal trust accounts.
- Fifth Third Preferred Checking: A combined account balance is considered to be the sum of all checking, savings, money market deposit accounts, bank+ and brokerage* IRAs, certificates of deposit, investment management accounts, annuities*, and brokerage* balances. One of the Fifth Third Preferred Checking account owners must be listed as an owner on the other accounts to count towards the $100,000 combined balance. Fees apply for some products and services in the Fifth Third Preferred Banking Program.
Securities Disclosure: *Investments, variable annuities and brokerage accounts are offered through Fifth Third Securities, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank. Fixed annuities are offered through Fifth Third Insurance Agency Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank.
Fifth Third Bank provides access to investments and investment services through various subsidiaries, including Fifth Third Securities. Fifth Third Securities is the trade name used by Fifth Third Securities, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker-dealer and registered investment advisor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Securities and investments offered through Fifth Third Securities, Inc. and insurance products: · Are Not FDIC Insured · Offer No Bank Guarantee · May Lose Value · Are Not Insured By Any Federal Government Agency · Are Not A Deposit. Insurance products made available through Fifth Third Insurance Agency, Inc.
*Deposit and credit products provided by Fifth Third Bank, Member FDIC. The standard deposit insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor. Please see www.fdic.gov for insurance coverage. Fifth Third and Fifth Third Bank are registered service marks of Fifth Third Bancorp.