Fifth Third Preferred Program
The Fifth Third Preferred Program is a comprehensive banking relationship with superior, dedicated service for your financial needs, along with special savings and rewards.
Our unique approach offers the opportunity to have your own Fifth Third Preferred Banker as well as an Investment Professional, who will work together to provide you with professional guidance and preferred products, pricing, and rates — including special interest rates on your checking account. They'll be your advocates, meeting with you as needed to assess your changing circumstances, life stages, and goals.
We're committed to providing our Preferred Program members with reasoned, objective financial guidance that will help prepare you for whatever your life's journey may bring.
Preferred Checking Account9
Fifth Third World Debit™ MasterCard®
Preferred Program Visa Signature® Credit Card8
Investment Services offered by Fifth Third Securities
Fifth Third Identity Alert
Fifth Third Identity Alert6 helps you maintain control of your identity with 24-hour daily credit monitoring, fraud resolution, and more. Learn More.
Anniversary Rewards Points
Consumer Loans and Lines of Credit1,8
Safe Deposit Box
Apply for a Fifth Third Preferred Checking Account
The simple online application process should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Read the Application Checklist for an overview of the application and what you will need to apply.
It's Easy to Switch to a Fifth Third Preferred Checking Account
Open a Fifth Third Preferred Checking Account, and then simply download, print and complete these forms:
Preferred Program Guidelines
These Guidelines describe the provisions regarding participation in the Preferred Program. Other terms applicable to particular product offerings or benefits within the Preferred Program are still applicable, including, without limitation, the Rules and Regulations applicable to all deposit accounts and loan agreements. These guidelines do not supersede those terms.
In order to qualify for the Preferred Program, a combined account balance equal to or greater than $100,000 must be maintained. A combined account balance is considered to be the sum of all checking, savings, money market deposit accounts, bank (FDIC) and brokerage** IRAs, certificates of deposit, investment management accounts, annuities**, and brokerage** balances for accounts for which any owner of the Preferred Checking Account has a primary ownership interest. Preferred Program Members must open a Preferred Checking Account to enroll and remain in the Preferred Program. Closing or converting the Preferred Checking account into another checking account type will result in disenrollment from the program.
Program Products and Benefits
There is no additional fee for participation in the Preferred Program if a balance equal to or greater than $100,000 is maintained.
Specifics of products and benefits available to Preferred Program Members are detailed in separate documentation and may be subject to specific terms. Participation in the Preferred Program does not guaranty any extension of credit to Preferred Program Members.
Falling Below Program Requirements
- Deposit and credit products provided by Fifth Third Bank.
- All standard size orders of Fifth Third custom checks are free. 25% discount on other styles.
- Regular fees apply for Checks for Two and Gift Checks.
- No charge from Fifth Third for using other banks’ ATMs. Any fees charged by the other bank are automatically rebated back to you the same day — up to 10 per month.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert is a service provided by Affinion Benefits Group, LLC in conjunction with Financial Service Association.
Membership in Fifth Third Identity Alert is included with your account for the primary owner and one joint account holder. By opening this account, you consent to the sharing of your account information, including your account number, with Affinion Benefits Group, LLC to initiate the enrollment process. In the event it is necessary to convert your plan, you consent to the sharing of your Fifth Third account information, including your account number, to complete this plan change. Should your checking account that offers the Membership for free be closed or changed to another account type in the future, your membership in Fifth Third Identity Alert will no longer be free.
- Mortgage products provided by Fifth Third Mortgage Company and Fifth Third Mortgage-MI, LLC.
- All credit loans/lines are subject to credit review and approval. Equal Housing Lender.
- $50 minimum deposit required to open a new account. Accounts closed within 180 days of account opening will be charged $25. Return check and overdraft fees apply to all accounts. Fees may reduce earnings.
- This account earns interest. Please request a Rate Sheet for the interest rates and annual percentage yields paid on this interest-bearing account. The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change. At the bank's discretion, the bank may change the interest rate and annual percentage yield at any time on your account. Your interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest on your account will be compounded continuously and credited on your monthly statement date. The bank uses the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in your account each day. Please call us toll free at 1-877-579-5353, or visit a Fifth Third Banking Center near you for additional details. If an account is closed before accrued interest is credited, you will not receive any accrued interest.
* Subject to terms and conditions
** Investments, variable annuities and brokerage accounts are offered through Fifth Third Securities, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank. Fixed annuities are offered through Fifth Third Insurance Agency Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank. Fifth Third Bank provides access to investments and investment services through various subsidiaries, including Fifth Third Securities.
Fifth Third Securities is the trade name used by Fifth Third Securities, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker-dealer, a registered investment advisor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Securities and investments offered through Fifth Third Securities, Inc.:
|Are Not FDIC Insured||Offer No Bank Guarantee||May Lose Value|
|Are Not Insured by any Federal Government Agency||Are Not A Deposit|
Insurance products made available through Fifth Third Insurance Agency, Inc.
† $25 annual Custody and Recordkeeping account fee for brokerage accounts will be waived.
†† When moving at least $25,000 in assets to a Fifth Third Securities or Preferred Investment Management account.
††† When you make asset transfers from other financial institutions to a Fifth Third Securities or Preferred Investment Management account.
†††† Insurance products made available through Fifth Third Insurance Agency, Inc.
††††† Fifth Third does not provide tax or legal advice. Consult with your tax advisor or attorney for advice pertinent to your personal situation.