Savings AccountsSimple. Secure. Rewarding.
Easy access to
More value for your
total relationship with us
Whether you're saving for vacation, life's ups and downs–or you simply want to teach your child how to save and budget–our savings account solutions will help you secure your finances, grow your money over time, and reward you with more value for your total relationship with us.
Best of all, these savings accounts have easy ways for you to avoid any monthly service charges.
It's all part of our fresh, new approach to banking that we created by listening to you and understanding our community. After all, that's where all the best ideas come from.
Goal Setter Savings
A simple savings account that pays competitive interest rates on your savings balance. You set a personal savings goal, save at your own pace, and track your progress online with Internet Banking. This is also a great option for a child's savings account.
- Competitive interest rates1
- Interest bonus when you reach your goal2
Designed for savers who also do their everyday banking with us, this higher interest savings account rewards you for keeping a saving and checking relationship with an interest bonus every month.
- Higher interest rates1
- Interest bonus with eligible checking credited to your account every month in addition to the standard interest rate3
- Easy access to your money at any Fifth Third ATM, banking center or online at 53.com4
Relationship Money Market
Perfect for those with larger balances who want a high yield from their savings account with premium, relationship interest that lets you earn higher rates for higher balances.
- Our highest savings interest rates – enjoy tiered interest rates that provide a higher return the more you save1
- Relationship Interest – earn a better interest rate when you also have any premium Fifth Third checking account5
- Convenience of check-writing access4
No monthly service charge for any Fifth Third savings account if one of the following is met:
- You have a Fifth Third checking account (all owners of your savings account must also be listed as owners of any Fifth Third checking account)
- You maintain an average monthly balance of $500 or more
- You are a minor, or someone under age 18 is an owner of the account
- You are enrolled in Fifth Third Military Banking
Otherwise, it's $5 per month.
- This account earns interest. Please request a Rate Sheet for the interest rates and annual percentage yields. The Bank may change the interest rate and annual percentage yield (APY) at any time without notice. Your interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest on your account will be compounded continuously and credited monthly. The Bank uses the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in your account each day. When your account is closed you will forfeit any accrued interest.
- The interest bonus is a one-time credit to your account when you reach your savings goal " equal to the total amount of interest you've earned over the life of your account. The interest bonus is paid the day your statement cycles when your account has been opened for at least 185 days and you have reached your savings goal. You may choose a savings goal amount ranging from a $500 to $25,000. Fifth Third Goal Setter Savings pays interest on balances up to $50,000.
- Interest Bonus: Credited to your account each month in addition to the standard interest rate " when all owners of your savings account are also listed as owners of any Fifth Third premium checking account (Established, Enhanced, Preferred, PCA, and Private Bank Checking). In order to receive the interest bonus, other Fifth Third checking accounts will also require monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more. (Excludes Fifth Third eAccess, Basic and Companion Checking, and converted savings accounts. Starting September 2012, the interest bonus is paid the business day after your statement cycles (prior to that it is paid on your statement cycle date). We will look back 35 days to determine your total monthly direct deposits on your checking accounts. The interest bonus is equal to a percentage of interest paid on the savings account and may change at any time without notice.
- Important Notice: By Federal regulation, savings accounts are limited to a combined total of six of the following transactions per calendar month: checks and pre-authorized withdrawals/transfers (online and telephone transfers, bill payments, and automatic debits are examples of these). However, you may make an unlimited number of ATM or teller withdrawals, and payments from your Fifth Third savings account to your Fifth Third installment, mortgage or credit card accounts. (Please see Rules and Regulations for more details.)
Exceeding the Federal Regulation: You will receive notification each month you exceed the allowable number of withdrawals and transfers mentioned above. After exceeding this number in 3 of the last 12 months, your account will be automatically transferred to a checking account. (Please see Rules and Regulations for more details.)
For savings accounts opened and funded online, funds used to open the account will be temporarily held and not available for 10 calendar days from the date of the electronic transfer.
Please call us at 1-877-579-5353, or visit a Fifth Third Banking Center near you for additional details.
- Relationship Interest: Earn a relationship interest rate when all owners of your savings account are also listed as owners of any premium checking account. Premium checking accounts include Fifth Third Established, Enhanced, Preferred, PCA, and Private Bank Checking. If your checking account is closed for any reason (by you or us), or transferred to another kind of non-premium checking account, standard interest rates/APYs apply. The relationship interest is equal to a percentage of interest paid on the savings account and may change at any time without notice.
A minimum of $50 is required to open any Fifth Third checking or savings account.
Deposit balances are insured up to the maximum amount permitted by law. Please see www.fdic.gov for insurance coverage. Fifth Third reserves the right to refuse any deposit.
- Fifth Third Bank does not provide tax or accounting advice. Please consult an accountant or tax advisor for professional advice on these areas.
- HSA account fees are disclosed at time of account opening. Please refer to the HSA product page for pricing information and other important disclosures.
- The Fifth Third Health Savings Account earns interest. The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change. At the bank's discretion, the bank may change the interest rate and annual percentage yield at any time on your account. Your interest begins to accrue no later than the business day Fifth Third receives credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest on your account will be compounded continuously and credited monthly. Fifth Third uses the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in your account each day. If an account is closed before accrued interest is credited, you will not receive any accrued interest.
Fifth Third Bank pays the stated interest rate and annual percentage yield (APY) only on that portion of the balance within the specified tier. The Annual Percentage Yield Earned (APYE) during a statement period is an annualized rate that reflects the relationship between the daily balance and the amount of interest actually earned on the account within the applicable tier(s).
Annual Percentage Yield accurate as of date listed in Interest Information. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
No minimum balance required to open the account.
- FDIC Deposit Insurance. Deposit balances are insured up to the maximum amount permitted by law. The standard insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor, for each deposit insurance ownership category. Please visit www.fdic.gov for more information about FDIC insurance coverage.
- ATM mini statement: $1.50.
- Charged off account fee: $30.00 per account.
- Copy of statements per request (retrieve existing or create custom statement): $5.00 per copy.
- Copy of check images mailed with monthly statement: $2.00.
- Copy of check per request: $5.00 per copy.
- Counter check: $1.00 per check.
- Dormant account monthly fee: $5.00 per month dormant. (Fee will be assessed for no deposits or withdrawals for the period of 12 months for checking accounts and 36 months for savings accounts. Fee not assessed if balance is greater than $2,500).
- If you need us to fax a document for you (outgoing): $3.00 per page.
- Processing fee for garnishment, attachment or levy: $80.00.
- International POS/ATM transaction fee: 3% of transaction (to cover currency conversions).
- Money Orders: $1.25.
- Non-Fifth Third Bank ATM transactions: $2.00 for U.S. transactions, and $5.00 for International transactions.
- Official Checks / Cashier Checks: $7.00.
- Overdraft Coverage allows debits and payments to be made even if you don't have enough money in your account. Overdraft Coverage for Checks and Automatic Debits comes standard with most checking accounts. You have the option of enrolling in Overdraft Coverage for ATM transactions and Debit Card purchases.
- When you opt-in to Overdraft Coverage (ATM/Debit Card), overdraft fees may apply to these transactions. Applies to Personal accounts only.
- When you choose not to opt-in to Overdraft Coverage (ATM/Debit Card), your card transactions are denied and no overdraft fees are applied to those transactions. Applies to Personal accounts only.
- Personal Checking Account Overdraft: Per item overdraft fees are based on the number of overdraft occurrences in the past 12 months. For the first occurrence, you will be charged $25 per item. For any other occurrence, the cost is $37 per item. No per item overdraft fees are charged when your account is overdrawn $5.00 or less at the end of the business day. You will not be charged for more than 10 items per day.
- Overdraft Protection: With Overdraft Protection funds are moved automatically from one of your other Fifth Third Bank accounts to help you avoid being overdrawn.
- Overdraft Protection transfer fee: $12:00 per transfer.
- Card Replacement fee: $10.00.
- Representment of a check: $3.75.
- Research (per copy): $5.00.
- Research (per hour): $25.00.
- Returned deposited item: $15.00 per item.
- Snapshot statement: $5.00.
- Stop payment: $33.00 per item.
- Wire transfer (domestic): Incoming $15.00, Outgoing $25.00.
- Wire transfer (international): Incoming $15.00, Outgoing $45.00.
- World Debit Card Monthly Fee: $3.95.
- Annual Specialty Debit Card Design Fee††: $5.00 (i.e. patriotic, vacation).
- Annual Affinity Debit or Credit Card Design Fee††: $10.00 (i.e. sports affiliates, zoo cards, special organizations, etc.) Excludes Fifth Third Cincinnati Bengals and Fifth Third Nashville Predators Debit or Credit Cards.
++ First annual fee is assessed at card opening and then on each open anniversary date, thereafter.