Fifth Third Relationship Money Market
This high interest savings account is perfect for individuals with larger balances (over $25,000) who want to maximize the growth of their savings—with tiered interest rates that let you earn higher rates for higher balances when you also have a premium Fifth Third checking account.1,2
No monthly service charge if one of the following is met:
Otherwise, it's $5 per month.
Please take a quick look at the application checklist before you get started—to make sure you have everything you need.
Three easy ways to get started:
- This account earns interest. Please request a Rate Sheet for the interest rates and annual percentage yields. The Bank may change the interest rate and annual percentage yield (APY) at any time without notice. Your interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest on your account will be compounded continuously and credited monthly. The Bank uses the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in your account each day. When your account is closed you will forfeit any accrued interest.
- Relationship Interest: Earn a relationship interest rate when all owners of your savings account are also listed as owners of any premium checking account. Premium checking accounts include Fifth Third Established, Enhanced, Preferred, PCA, and Private Bank Checking. If your checking account is closed for any reason (by you or us), or transferred to another kind of non-premium checking account, standard interest rates/APYs apply. The relationship interest is equal to a percentage of interest paid on the savings account and may change at any time without notice.
- Important Notice: By Federal regulation, savings accounts are limited to a combined total of six of the following transactions per calendar month: checks and pre-authorized withdrawals/transfers (online and telephone transfers, bill payments, and automatic debits are examples of these). However, you may make an unlimited number of ATM or teller withdrawals, and payments from your Fifth Third savings account to your Fifth Third installment, mortgage or credit card accounts. (Please see Rules and Regulations for more details.)
Exceeding the Federal Regulation: You will receive notification each month you exceed the allowable number of withdrawals and transfers mentioned above. After exceeding this number in 3 of the last 12 months, your account will be automatically transferred to a checking account. (Please see Rules and Regulations for more details.)
For savings accounts opened and funded online, funds used to open the account will be temporarily held and not available for 10 calendar days from the date of the electronic transfer.
Please call us at 1-877-579-5353, or visit a Fifth Third Banking Center near you for additional details.
A minimum of $50 is required to open any Fifth Third checking or savings account.
Deposit balances are insured up to the maximum amount permitted by law. Please see www.fdic.gov for insurance coverage. Fifth Third reserves the right to refuse any deposit.
- ATM mini statement: $1.50.
- Charged off account fee: $30.00 per account.
- Copy of statements per request (retrieve existing or create custom statement): $5.00 per copy.
- Copy of check images mailed with monthly statement: $2.00.
- Copy of check per request: $5.00 per copy.
- Counter check: $1.00 per check.
- Dormant account monthly fee: $5.00 per month dormant. (Fee will be assessed for no deposits or withdrawals for the period of 12 months for checking accounts and 36 months for savings accounts. Fee not assessed if balance is greater than $2,500).
- If you need us to fax a document for you (outgoing): $3.00 per page.
- Processing fee for garnishment, attachment or levy: $80.00.
- International POS/ATM transaction fee: 3% of transaction (to cover currency conversions).
- Money Orders: $1.25.
- Non-Fifth Third Bank ATM transactions: $2.00 for U.S. transactions, and $5.00 for International transactions.
- Official Checks / Cashier Checks: $7.00.
- Overdraft Coverage allows debits and payments to be made even if you don't have enough money in your account. Overdraft Coverage for Checks and Automatic Debits comes standard with most checking accounts. You have the option of enrolling in Overdraft Coverage for ATM transactions and Debit Card purchases.
- When you opt-in to Overdraft Coverage (ATM/Debit Card), overdraft fees may apply to these transactions. Applies to Personal accounts only.
- When you choose not to opt-in to Overdraft Coverage (ATM/Debit Card), your card transactions are denied and no overdraft fees are applied to those transactions. Applies to Personal accounts only.
- Personal Checking Account Overdraft: Per item overdraft fees are based on the number of overdraft occurrences in the past 12 months. For the first occurrence, you will be charged $25 per item. For any other occurrence, the cost is $37 per item. No per item overdraft fees are charged when your account is overdrawn $5.00 or less at the end of the business day. You will not be charged for more than 10 items per day.
- Overdraft Protection: With Overdraft Protection funds are moved automatically from one of your other Fifth Third Bank accounts to help you avoid being overdrawn.
- Overdraft Protection transfer fee: $12:00 per transfer.
- Card Replacement fee: $10.00.
- Representment of a check: $3.75.
- Research (per copy): $5.00.
- Research (per hour): $25.00.
- Returned deposited item: $15.00 per item.
- Snapshot statement: $5.00.
- Stop payment: $33.00 per item.
- Wire transfer (domestic): Incoming $15.00, Outgoing $25.00.
- Wire transfer (international): Incoming $15.00, Outgoing $45.00.
- World Debit Card Monthly Fee: $3.95.
- Annual Specialty Debit Card Design Fee††: $5.00 (i.e. patriotic, vacation).
- Annual Affinity Debit or Credit Card Design Fee††: $10.00 (i.e. sports affiliates, zoo cards, special organizations, etc.) Excludes Fifth Third Cincinnati Bengals and Fifth Third Nashville Predators Debit or Credit Cards.
++ First annual fee is assessed at card opening and then on each open anniversary date, thereafter.